Manhattan Research’s Tenth Version of ePharma Physician® Expands to Address the Rapidly Evolving Pharma-Physician Relationship
August 12, 2010, New York, NY –
Pharmaceutical and healthcare market research company Manhattan Research releases the tenth version of ePharma Physician®, its study focused on physicians connecting with pharmaceutical and biotech companies through the Internet, tech-enabled reps, and online promotion. ePharma Physicians comprise 88% of the U.S. physician population in 2010, up from 64% in 2006.
Manhattan Research broadened the topical focus of ePharma Physician® this year to analyze the growing number of touch points in the pharma-physician relationship. Electronic sampling, live video detailing, and physician use of mobile devices, including iPads, are a few of the topics with new and exciting data. Pharmaceutical and biotech companies, agencies, and medical content providers use the data to inform decision making when leveraging digital channels to interact with physicians. The study can be segmented to derive statistically relevant insights across more than 25 specialties.
Complimentary White Paper
- Channel Mix: Online and offline sources used for pharma product information; display and search engine advertising; medical journals; specialty and professional medical websites; influence on prescribing behavior
- Mobile: Interest in pharma activities on mobile devices; iPad ownership and purchase intent; professional activities conducted on the iPad
- Rep Relationship and Tech Detailing: Rep use/attitudes, including reps using Tablet PC or iPad; desired rep services
- Online Promotion: Types of e-detailing and non-personal promotion (NPP) used, number of times used, program duration; live video detailing; KOL-led speaker programs; HCP portals/microsites; online promotion attitudes, influence, and barriers; preferences for obtaining product information; ranking of e-detailing and video detailing programs by company (use and satisfaction)
- Online Pharmaceutical Properties: Pharma product, corporate, service portal, and unbranded websites
- Customer Service: Customer service portal use and features of interest; live online speaker events from pharma companies; preferences for communicating with reps and MSLs; interest in customer service through email, click-to-chat, click-to-call, video chat, and phone; reasons for registering for a service portal
- Electronic Sampling: Use and frequency; preferences for obtaining samples
To access a complimentary white paper from ePharma Physician® v10.0, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/research/white-papers/online-communication-physicians-pharma.aspx
About ePharma Physician®
ePharma Physician® v10.0 was conducted via online survey in Q2 2010 among 1,713 U.S. physicians who have looked online for pharmaceutical information, visited a pharmaceutical or biotech product or corporate website, or participated in an e-detailing program from a pharmaceutical or biotech company in the past 12 months.
For additional information, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/epp
, contact email@example.com
, or call 1.888.680.0800, ext. 2.