Manhattan Research’s Taking the Pulse® Mexico explores digital adoption trends of online physicians in Mexico
June 6, 2011, New York, NY – Online physicians in Mexico are much more likely to first turn to digital sources such as websites and mobile apps to learn about new pharma product info than they are to rely on traditional offline sources like sales reps and offline journals. This trend, among others, indicates an opportunity for pharma companies to extend the classic rep relationship by providing online content and services to physicians in Mexico.
These findings come from Taking the Pulse® Mexico, a new study from pharmaceutical and healthcare market research company Manhattan Research. Taking the Pulse® Mexico, part of the Taking the Pulse® Global Series, is focused on how online physicians in Mexico use digital media and technology for professional purposes and to obtain information and services from pharma.
The study also found several other trends highlighting opportunities for pharma to leverage digital media in order to provide innovative and best-in-class service in Mexico:
- Online physicians in Mexico are digitally savvy in terms of their Internet and mobile behavior compared to online physicians in other high-growth pharma markets such as China and India.
- More than nine in ten physicians online for professional purposes in Mexico visit pharma corporate or product websites, with properties from Pfizer and AstraZeneca being the most popular. Pharma-sponsored services such as patient education are in high demand among online physicians.
- Research findings indicate that there is an unmet need for digital rep access in Mexico. Online physicians surveyed in Mexico have one of the lowest electronic detailing adoption rates as compared to those in other high growth pharma markets, but show strong interest in participating in various types of online promotional programs.
Other topics covered in the Taking the Pulse® Mexico research include:
- Digital Doctors: How integrated is the Internet into online physicians’ professional activities in these markets? How does this compare to the U.S. or other markets?
- Mobility: How are smart mobile devices changing online physicians’ level of connectivity and clinical workflow?
- Internet at Work: In what ways is the Internet impacting clinical practices both during the workday and at the point of care?
- Pharma Interaction: What digital opportunities exist for pharma to interact with physicians online?
- Patient Education: How is the Internet evolving the patient-physician relationship?
Download a Digital Doctors Global Dashboard
If you would like to download a complimentary dashboard of digital physician trends from the Taking the Pulse® Global Series, including Mexico, please visit www.manhattanresearch.com/News-and-Events/eHealth-Data-Snapshots/Digital-Doctors-Global-Dashboard.
About Taking the Pulse® Mexico
Taking the Pulse® Mexico is Manhattan Research’s syndicated market research study and advisory service focused on how online physicians in Mexico use digital media and technology for professional purposes and to obtain information and services from pharma. The study is part of the Taking the Pulse® Global Series - other markets surveyed include Brazil, Russia, India, China, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
For more information about Taking the Pulse® Mexico, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 184.108.40.20675, ext 2 or visit www.manhattanresearch.com/ttpmexico.
Learn more about Manhattan Research’s global physician research at www.manhattanresearch.com/ttpglobal.