Manhattan Research’s ePharma Physician® Reveals How Primary Care Physicians, Pediatricians, and a Wide Range of Specialists Access and Use Online Pharmaceutical Information
July 30, 2009, New York, NY
– Shire’s ADHD treatment Vyvanse® owns the most popular product site among pediatricians, according to pharmaceutical and healthcare market research company Manhattan Research. The finding comes from the recently released ePharma Physician® market research and strategic advisory service, which focuses on the digital resource and communication preferences and behaviors of physicians who interact with pharmaceutical, device, and biotech companies via the Internet and other technologies. In addition to analyzing physician interaction with over three hundred product sites, the study also tracks usage of online journals, specialty sites, corporate sites, interactive detailing, customer service portals, blogs, wikis, and social networks for over twenty specialist segments.
2009 Top Product Sites Among U.S. Physicians
Ranked by number of physician visitors
|Infectious Disease/HIV Physician
||Keppra XR™ (Kepranxr.com)
||Loestrin® 24 Fe (Loestrin24.com)
|Primary Care Physicians
|Source: ePharma Physician® v9.0 (2009)
“As use of the Internet for pharmaceutical information becomes a daily routine for the average physician, digging into the sites used for that information becomes critical insight for brand teams and agency partners,” said Mark Bard, President of Manhattan Research. “While product sites are only part of the mix today, understanding how these resources are being used within and across specialty segments is intelligence that no brand should be without today.”
Physician Marketing Webinar – Tuesday, August 4
Mr. Bard will host a complimentary physician marketing webinar, “ePharma Physician® v9.0: Navigating the Physician Digital Resource Mix,” on Tuesday, August 4 at 11am and 3pm EDT.
Session 1: Tuesday, August 4, 11:00 – 11:30 AM EDT
Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/550629875
Session 2: Tuesday, August 4, 3:00 – 3:30 PM EDT
Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/766231642
The webinar is intended for qualified business accounts. For assistance in signing up, please email your time preference to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maureen Malloy at 212-255-7799.
ePharma Physician® v9.0 was conducted via online survey methodology in Q2 2009 among 1,517 online practicing U.S. physicians. Since 2002, the study has determined the leading online physician destinations based on the number of physician visitors as well as the content satisfaction of those who visit. ePharma Physician® gives insight to the physician digital resource and communication mix of over twenty specialist segments, including topics such as:
- Product and corporate pharmaceutical websites
- Specialty-specific sites, online journals, newsletters, and online conferences
- Interactive detailing, live remote rep, customer service portals, and email communication
- Web 2.0 technologies such as blogs, podcasts, wikis, and online communities
Specialist groups available in ePharma Physician® include Allergy and Immunology, Cardiology/Cardiovascular Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Family Medicine/General Practice, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease/HIV physician, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, OB/GYN, Oncology - Hematology & Medical, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Surgery (General), and Urology.
ePharma Physician® also provides market data market data for 300+ leading pharmaceutical product websites including Abilify, Actonel, Actos, Advair, Ambien CR, Amitiza, Androgel, Aricept, Asmanex, Astelin, Avandia, Avastin, Avelox, Avodart, Boniva, Botox, Byetta, Celebrex, Chantix, Cialis, Cipro, Concerta, Coreg CR, Crestor, Cymbalta, Daytrana, Depo-Provera, Detrol LA, Diovan, Effexor XR, Enbrel, Evista, Flomax, Flonase, Flovent HFA, Forteo, Fosamax/Fosamax Plus D, Gardasil, Geodon, Humira, Imitrex, Invega, Januvia, Lamictal, Latisse, Levaquin, Levitra, Lexapro, Lipitor, Loestrin 24 Fe, Lovaza, Lovenox, Lunesta, Lupron, Lyrica, Mirena, Namenda, Nasacort, Nasonex, Nexium (purplepill.com), NuvaRing, Pegasys, Plavix, Prevacid, Pristiq, ProAir HFA, Protonix, Provigil, Pulmicort, Relpax, Remicade, Requip, Risperdal, Rozerem, Seasonale, Seasonique, Seroquel, Singulair, Spiriva, Strattera, Symbicort, Tamiflu, Tekturna, Topamax/Topamax360, TriLipix, Ultram ER, Valtrex, Veramyst, Vesicare, Viagra, Vytorin, Vyvanse, Wellbutrin XL, Xyzal, Yaz, Zetia, Zithromax, Zoloft, Zyprexa, Zyvox. A complete list of available product sites is available at http://www.manhattanresearch.com/files/PRESS/ePharma_Physician_v9.0_Product_Site_Listing.pdf.
For additional product and subscription information, please contact email@example.com
, call 1.888.680.0800, ext.2 or visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/products/Strategic_Advisory/ePP