Each Therapeutic Segmentation Modules (TSM) is a comprehensive profile of a therapeutic market segment and its adoption of digital media and technology for health and treatment information. Clients will receive a complete segmentation from the current Cybercitizen Health® Europe data set relevant to their particular target audience.
Cybercitizen Health® Europe surveys consumers in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy about their use of the Internet, mobile devices, and other technologies for health.
Key Topics Addressed in the Research
- Technology profile and digital behaviors
- Online health content and the patient journey
- Mobile health, including smartphone and tablet activities
- Social media for health and online health video
- Healthcare touch points beyond the doctor’s office
- Online health at the point of care
- Pharma online information and services
|Acid Reflux- Chronic Heartburn
Parent to child with ADD-ADHD
Age-related macular degeneration
Parent to child with allergies
Anxiety disorders or Social Phobia
Osteoarthritis (General arthritis)
Ankylosing spondylitis Arrhythmia
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or emphysema
Deep vein thrombosis
Heart attack in household
Heavy menstrual bleeding (hypermenorrhoe)
Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Some segments may have lower sample size
Possible Segments Include:
- Patients: Adult age 18+ who has been diagnosed with condition.
- Taking Rx: Adult age 18+ who is taking a prescription to treat the disease or condition.
- Caregivers: Adult age 18+ who said they are a caregiver to someone who has a given condition.
- In Household: An adult age 18+ who reports that someone in their household has the named condition. In household and caregivers are NOT mutually exclusive.
- Info Seekers: An adult age 18+ who has researched the named condition online in the past 12 months.
Some segments may have lower sample
For additional segmentation module product and purchasing information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2.